Over time, I’ve put together some useful guides and articles about blogs and blogging. If you’re not sure about blogging, take a quick peek below.
Getting Started – The basics
- How to Start a Blog – Step by step tutorial that covers all the basic things you need to know in order to set up a blog. Make sure you read it from the start since there are some tips and suggestions that might be useful or helpful to you in the long run. (Updated 2015)
- HostGator WordPress Hosting – This is my go-to hosting whenever I launch blog. Reliable, cheap & secure.
- What is a blog – In case you don’t know exactly what a blog is – this is a post for YOU. I interviewed 9 professional bloggers and asked them to share their opinions. Worth checking it out.
- 10 Reasons to get started with blogging – This was one of my first blog posts that I published on Start Blogging Online. This is more or less a motivation blog post for beginners to get started sooner. (Updated 2015)
- Blog comparison chart – While I’m suggesting you start a self-hosted WordPress blog, there’s always alternatives for WordPress. I made this comparison chart for people who would like to know other options as well. However, the winner of this comparison chart is definitely WordPress. (Updated 2015)
- What’s the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org – Cons and pros of both ones. (Updated 2015)
- How to start a blog on WordPress.com – Here’s a quick primer to get you going on a free blogging platform. (Updated 2015)
- Classroom blogging – Thinking of starting a blog for your students? Have a look at this guide.
- 135+ blog post ideas for your blog – This will keep you fresh with new ideas for a whole year. (Updated 2015)
- Finding FREE images for your blog – Without using Google images (which is illegal)
- Create a perfect “About Me” page – You and your blog needs that.
- What’s the best time to publish new content on your blog – I don’t know the right answer either, but I’ve pointed out some patterns that I’ve seen while posting at different times.
- 8 common mistakes that bloggers make – Better to know those sooner than later!
- Improving your blog’s productivity – Having a blog is easy but improving it is a more difficult task. (Updated 2015)
- Keeping your blog up-to-date – Ways to keep your blog updated even if you don’t have enough time.
- What kind of blog comments should you approve – Not every blog comment is worth approving. Why? Well, people use tons of different ways to leave spam comments on your blog. I’ll show you how to avoid them. (Updated 2014)
- Top 100 Blogs – Based on different metrics, such as followers count, search engine traffic, facebook likes and so on…
WordPress blog related resources
- Configuring WordPress blog – This is a “go-to” resource once you’ve successfully installed a self-hosted WordPress blog on your own custom domain name.
- Adding a contact form for WordPress blog – Want your blog visitors to get in touch with you? Set up a contact form using this guide.
- Moving your blog from WordPress.com to WordPress.org – This tutorial shows you how to move your blog from WordPress.com blogging platform to a self-hosted version on your own domain.
- Moving your blog from Blogspot to WordPress – A complete guide
- Awesome blog plugins for WordPress – On this post I’ve pointed out some really awesome FREE plugins that you can use on your own blog. (Updated 2015)
- 45+ ways to use WordPress – Don’t want to start a blog? List of creative and smart ways to use WordPress.
- How to Speed up Your WordPress blog – My case study (from 4.2s to 1.3s)
- WordPress security [Infographic] – Cool infographic that reminds you to backup your WP blog.
- WordPress keyboard shortcuts – If you wish to speed up your blogging journey with WordPress.
- WordPress cheat sheet – A chart about the technical aspects of WordPress for designers and developers. (Updated 2015)
- Advanced WordPress cheat sheet – An advanced chart about the technical aspects of WordPress for designers and developers.
- Adding an email/signup box for your blog subscribers – Using Mailchimp (Updated 2015)
- Setting up Google Analytics for WordPress – Essential for tracking your blog visitors.
Traffic and Monetization methods and strategies
- How to earn money from blogging – Here I’ve put together 7 different ways to generate money through blogging. But I’d suggest you get traffic before you consider monetizing your blog. (Updated 2015)
- Promoting your blog/getting more visitors – If you want to know how to get indexed in Google and drive more visitors/traffic to your blog then make sure you check this out. (Updated 2015)
- How to get your blog listed on Google – A quick and easy way to make sure that Google indexes your new blog. (Updated 2015)
- How I earn money through Start Blogging Online – A simple earnings disclaimer for my visitors.